What are the cabling requirements for the RTE-EES?

A: Cat5e


  • Lock supply cable
  • The type and size of the cable to use depends on the distance from the release or maglock to the power supply and also the specification of the release (minimum voltage and maximum current).
  • As a general guide, a twin 1.0mm cable will power most fail safe releases and maglocks rated up to 1.5A up to 25 meters from the lock power supply, or most releases and maglocks rated up to 0.5A up to 100 meters from the power supply.
  • We recommend the use of a 4-core 'YY Control Cable'. This allows fro additional cores for any door monitoring contact.

Mark is the author of this solution article.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.